Thursday, August 20, 2009

New Beginnings


New Beginnings, artist Sarah Moore

I am going to try my best to get this blog up and going again... Life happens, I go through ebbs and flows of motivation and creativity. Consistency has not always been my best virtue, but I am working on it.

News:
  • I am beginning a master's program in Art Therapy at George Washington University this Fall. In less than two weeks actually! In addition to taking classes, I will be starting an internship at a hospital working with children undergoing inpatient cancer treatment. I am incredibly excited, albeit a little anxious as well. I keep getting the impulse to go back-to-school clothes shopping, buy Trapper Keepers in a different color for each class, get fruit scented markers, and to get all my pencils sharpened.
  • I got married! To my best friend, my soul mate, and the person I trust most. Neither of us are perfect, but as cliche as it may sound I truly believe we are perfect for each other. He makes me smile and feel loved and cherished. The ceremony was beautiful, right on the beach in Pacific City, Oregon. It was such an amazing experience to be surrounded by all the people we love. I will try to post a few pics later.
With new beginnings, comes a new blog. I am going to start focusing the content on subjects relating to art therapy, my journey going though grad school, art, and anything of interest that encourages the cultivation of a more extraordinary life.

One of my favorite movies of all time, Rushmore, has a quote on the subject of extraordinary living that I will always remember, and also reminds me of my older brother because this is something he always encouraged in me when I was younger:
  • "When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself."--a quote by Jacques-Yves Cousteau that is written in DIVING FOR SUNKEN TREASURE, a book read by Max Fischer (Jason Schwartzman)
And now, a couple of clips from the genius that is Rushmore:




So here is to new beginnings, opportunities, making extraordinary choices, and challenging ourselves to live bravely!

No comments:

Sponsors