Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Go to my new site! www.twoalmostmavens.blogspot.com

I have just met with my soon to be painting professor and advisor. I think it will work out well; he seems like a committed and serious teacher. I will be officially starting my grad program at the end of August, and I am really eager to get going on this. I will be taking two classes a semester; one will be an art history course, and the other will be independent study with the aforementioned advisor. He has already gotten the ball rolling with us meeting regularly even though classes haven't officially begun.

Unfortunately the University i go to does not offer an MFA in painting per say, but my advisor mentioned that a couple of years ago he was successful in begging and pleading with the dean to allow a student to actually complete a legit MFA program. So it can be done. That would be the best possible scenario for me. Free grad school tuition while working full time and at the end I will hopefully have an MFA degree to show for it.

I will be very busy when Fall rolls around. Working full time, going to school part time, writing a cookbook, more creative writing, and possibly something else that I don't want to reveal just yet. I gotta keep you on your toes don't I? I wish the day had more hours.

"You may delay, but time will not."

Kind of a boring post, I promise it will be more interesting next time.

No comments:

Sponsors