Monday, October 16, 2006

Anna O: an introduction




"When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself." -Jacques-Yves Cousteau

The only thing you need to know is that I have been diagnosed as a Female Hysteric. My doctor’s names are Jean-Martin Charcot, Sigmund Freud and Joseph Brauer.

My symptoms include; temporary paralysis, the ability to make words appear on my skin with just a feather, questionable creativity, too much enthusiasm about certain things, an overactive imagination, desires of a peculiar nature, a tendency to cause trouble, an uncontrollable urge to lie, making animal noises, and I faint a lot. There are a lot more, but I forgot what they are.

Along with daily hypnotism, my doctors think they can cure me with what I call, “The Talking Cure.” They like to call it something more clinical, but I like this title better. Sometimes it works. So, they prescribed that I create a blog as a type of Talking Cure treatment. They also said that the more people read this blog on a regular basis, the more cured I will be. So I must write on the subjects of art, photography, feminism, Female Hysteria, stream of consciousness writting, and any other weird things I am interested in while trying to keep people interested. The idea is that if I get all of my symptoms out on "paper," they will eventually go away and I will be cured.

No comments:

Sponsors